The Australia Youth Trust awards special grants to organisations that meet the aims of the Trust and are deemed acceptable by the Australia Youth Trust Board.
In 2016, the Trust committed to the "Club Foot Project" in partnership with Orthopaedic Outreach Australia (OOA). The project was to teach medicos and paramedics in Melanesia and Polynesia the "Ponseti Method" for the non surgical remediation of the birth defect "club foot"
The Trust also approved funds to support the work of "Operation Bahati" in Kenya - the brainchild project of Dr Kate Murton, the winner of the 2016 Tom Harvey Award for Citizenship.
Recognition of notable projects awarded by the Trust have included:
• Sir David Martin Foundation and NSW Arts Education Foundation
• Solomon Islands Australia Foundation
• Commonwealth Youth Program South Pacific Centre, a leadership/youth development program
• Meditech Outreach Australia, a medical training/mentoring program between St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney and the National Referral Hospital in Honiara
• 'One Laptop per Child' support for the Samoan Government
• Commonwealth Countries League Education Fund to assist secondary education of girls in Papua New Guinea to develop them as leaders in their communities, local and national government
• 'Shine for Kids' Mentoring Program which offers a supportive, caring and non-judgmental relationship with an adult mentor.
Hon Ann Symonds receiving the Australia Youth Trust Grant for 'Shine for Kids' program in 2013. This program provides support to those young people so they are able to participate in events and social activities that will enhance their development and esteem.
Australia Youth Trust presents special grant at Commonwealth Day luncheon for the purchase of 29 (1000 lit) water tanks to assist the tsunami ravaged villages in North La Vella, Solomon Islands. During the lunch a further 20 water tanks were purchased by guests to support the initiative which will provide clean water for drinking and cooking to the people of Vella La Vella.
If you consider your organisation meets the objectives of the Trust and would be interested in applying for a special grant then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org